It is estimated that absenteeism from work due to mental health issues costs industry in excess of £80billion annually. Mental Health is now the number one cause for people to take time off, surpassing back pain in recent years. Mental Health awareness is now a major tool in combatting this difficult and sensitive issue.
Mental Health First Aid is a course which provides attendees with the skills needed to support themselves and those around them. It gives an insight into the signs and causes of mental health issues, and helps you to be aware of these in others.
This course is aimed at, and designed for, people of all levels in corporate life. Our courses last two days and are delivered in a workshop format. Delegates will receive course materials in the form of a Mental Health First Aid Manual, and upon successful completion will receive a certificate confirming that they have achieved the standard required to be a Mental Health First Aider.
Training can be delivered at your workplace. We also run frequent open training courses around the UK, at purpose equipped venues.
Areas covered include
- Action planning for using MHFA
- Cognitive distortions and cognitive behavioural therapy
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Depression in the workplace
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- First aid for depression
- First aid to assist a suicidal crisis
- Impact of mental health issues
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- Risk factors
- Stigma and discrimination
- Symptoms of depression
- What is mental health?